Arsenal loanee, Kelechi Nwakali, has provided much-needed succour to the less privileged in Imo State by sharing a total sum of $240,000 (87million Niara) to the various orphanage homes in the state.
Director of ASJ Academy Emeka Amajiriaku disclosed that the $240, 000 from the Nigeria youngster was for the orphanage homes in the state and not for the football academy as earlier reported.
“There was a mix-up somewhere. Kelechi shared an equivalent sum of N87m ($240, 000) to the less privileged homes in the state as his giving back to the society gesture. The sum was not for ASJ Academy,” he stressed.
Amajiriaku also noted that the former U17 Golden Eaglets captain distributed customized exercise books to all primary and secondary schools in Owerri West Local Government Area of the South East State of Nigeria, adding that he personally distributed the items with management staff members of his ASJ football academy participating in the distribution.
“Before Kelechi (Nwakali) left for Holland, he surprised a lot of people, first, he shared a total sum of 87 million Naira to all the orphanage homes in Imo State. He also distributed customized exercise books to all primary and secondary schools in our local government, Owerri West.
“That was not all. Kelechi (Nwakali) also gave out 36 pairs of boots to 36 members of the academy. Those who the boots did not reach, about 18 of them, he promised to give them when he comes back. Also, he gave the ASJ Academy five sets of jerseys, two pairs of track suits and 54 match balls”.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Get To Know The Political Term Limits In Various African Countries
- Ifeoma Fafunwa: Nigerian Woman Making A Difference With Creative Arts
- Is Nigeria’s Energy Industry Finally Rising Out of the Ashes?
- Global Citizen Forum: Akon Is Awarded For The Lighting Africa Initiative
- Chantel Dartnall: SA Female Chef Named The Best In The World
- Albert Einstein’s Theory Of Happiness That More People Should Live By
- Two Budgeting Plans To Make Your Money Last
- Zimbabwe: 3 Key Things To Know About VP Mnangagwa’s Sack
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: 7 Interesting Facts Of The Actor Turned US Governor
- The Paradise Papers: All You Need To Know
- Sweating Blood: The Strange Medical Condition Known As Hematohidrosis
- Ghana Is The Highest Marijuana Using Country In Africa
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?