MY EXPERIENCE WITH IPOB BOYS TODAY.
All my life I have never had a first hand experience of public harassment like today.
As part of our normal routine in the office and the scheme at large, we left for facilities inspection at Aba, and off Aba along port Harcourt road.
After we were done and coming back, we got to enyimba Junction/bakassi,coman see ipob boys terrorizing people, everyone running for their lives. We kept on moving but slowly and noticed that the road was kinda dry. Before we knew it ipob boys rushed out from nowhere and attacked our hilux, they where more than 15, carrying different weapons, one of them used shovel and hit the hilux hard, before I could blink my eyes they opened the door and started dragging us out, I heard my oga chorused , NO please, we are BIAFRANS ” I joined them o, and was shouting, biafra, biafra.. This boys weren’t even listening, one used a heavy big stone and was hitting my oga,others were removing the car Cover seat that’s made of Nigeria color /coat of arm. That we are not biafra, that’s why we had that on, that were is our flag or means of identification…. I didn’t know what to do, they dragged me outta the car, I came down didn’t know what to do, I thought of hiding under the hilux but no way because they were just everywhere. I was just praying my last prayer just incase they decide to kill us. Ever seen or witnessed any case of jungle justice? Now, that’s exactly the scene today.
The other part of the road was another set of ipob boys damaging a truck full of goods, and another dangote truck full of cement on fire already.
All this I witnessed/saw within 20mins…
Finally I heard oya enter your motor and run for your life.
We sped off.
It was just I, the coordinator, and the driver. I started asking the driver why they allowed us go, our driver said he gave them 500naira that’s why they said we should go.
On our way still driving carefully, because they are everywhere, we saw soldiers in their convoy coming down to calm the situation.
On entering umuahia, the check points are tight, every living thing except the driver inside a bus, car, keke must come down and raise his/her two hands up to be sure the person isn’t with any weapon.
Oh well… �
Until there’s a legal/defined way to go about this biafra thingy, there will never be peace. If you haven’t experienced this ipob boys and there madness you will not understand , it’s not about writing epistle on Facebook in the comfort of your home that they should give us biafra this and that. This boys are terrorizing us, their people, the igbos per se.
Imagine if they had killed us or any of us. Just like that.
Most of this ipob boys are touts, and thieves, I almost forgot to say that they took our drivers phone too.
And returned it when he gave them the money.
This is too much really.
My heart is still heavy.
Find attached the selfies I took before and after, u’ll notice the car seat cover that was removed. I couldn’t take pictures of the other scenes because I was scared.
I just Thank God we came out of this alive.
Bridget Anurika Eze
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash