Kogi State Police Command yesterday paraded two serving police officers, a serving Naval officer for kidnapping and armed robbery and 15 other criminals terrorising the state.
Others paraded includes kidnappers, armed robbers and cultists while dangerous weapons such as 4 AK 47, Pistols, Locally made guns and ammunition were recovered from them.
Other items recovered from them include One Opel Vectra car with registration number GYB 129XA Bauchi, Daggers, two extra number plate, injection syringe, two AK 47 rifle, and twenty two rounds of live ammunition.
Also one SMG rifle with Breech number 27040, Smoke Pistol with Breech number 972WK6830 were also recovered.
Parading the suspects before Journalists at the Force headquarters in Lokoja on , the Kogi State Commissioner of Police, CP Ali Janga said the success was part of the command’s onslaughts against criminal activities in the state.
READ Dream Team VI for final - Pinnick
The CP who is barely two weeks in kogi state, said his men has taken the war to the criminals in their hideouts, noting that the operation will continue until the criminals have no hiding place.
According to him the command is combacting armed robbery, kidnappers, cultism, Cattle rustling, through a proactive crime preventing strategic, saying that some vicious and notorious kidnap for ransom gangs were dislodged and busted in their hideout and camps across the state.
He also disclosed that the achievements were due to the proactive strategies rooted in intelligence led policing, and robust interaction with the various strata of the communities, particularly in the area of information gathering, since it has become obvious that security is an all stakeholders’ affairs.
READ PDP loses another House of Representatives member to APC
The Commissioner said the two policemen serving in Kogi State namely Ibrahim James and Suleiman Isiaka were apprehended for kidnapping and armed robbery in the state including a serving Naval officer Bature Habila Jesse serving in Bauchi State.
He mentioned that the two serving policemen were tried and dismissed from service after investigation including the Naval officer stressing that they will be charge to court.
According to him the two policemen invited the serving Naval Officer who was station in Bauchi to come to Kogi State for operation which is kidnapping.
CP Janga noted that the Area commanders as well as DPOs were charged to beef up security in their area of responsibilities and ensure massive deployment of Police patrol teams and undercover operatives to block spot, flash points and other vulnerable criminal spots to nip in the bud all forms of crimes and criminality across the state and make sure that detection of crime are prompt to serve as effective deterrent to all criminals.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?