Kogi State Police Command yesterday paraded two serving police officers, a serving Naval officer for kidnapping and armed robbery and 15 other criminals terrorising the state.
Others paraded includes kidnappers, armed robbers and cultists while dangerous weapons such as 4 AK 47, Pistols, Locally made guns and ammunition were recovered from them.
Other items recovered from them include One Opel Vectra car with registration number GYB 129XA Bauchi, Daggers, two extra number plate, injection syringe, two AK 47 rifle, and twenty two rounds of live ammunition.
Also one SMG rifle with Breech number 27040, Smoke Pistol with Breech number 972WK6830 were also recovered.
Parading the suspects before Journalists at the Force headquarters in Lokoja on , the Kogi State Commissioner of Police, CP Ali Janga said the success was part of the command’s onslaughts against criminal activities in the state.
READ Dream Team VI for final - Pinnick
The CP who is barely two weeks in kogi state, said his men has taken the war to the criminals in their hideouts, noting that the operation will continue until the criminals have no hiding place.
According to him the command is combacting armed robbery, kidnappers, cultism, Cattle rustling, through a proactive crime preventing strategic, saying that some vicious and notorious kidnap for ransom gangs were dislodged and busted in their hideout and camps across the state.
He also disclosed that the achievements were due to the proactive strategies rooted in intelligence led policing, and robust interaction with the various strata of the communities, particularly in the area of information gathering, since it has become obvious that security is an all stakeholders’ affairs.
READ PDP loses another House of Representatives member to APC
The Commissioner said the two policemen serving in Kogi State namely Ibrahim James and Suleiman Isiaka were apprehended for kidnapping and armed robbery in the state including a serving Naval officer Bature Habila Jesse serving in Bauchi State.
He mentioned that the two serving policemen were tried and dismissed from service after investigation including the Naval officer stressing that they will be charge to court.
According to him the two policemen invited the serving Naval Officer who was station in Bauchi to come to Kogi State for operation which is kidnapping.
CP Janga noted that the Area commanders as well as DPOs were charged to beef up security in their area of responsibilities and ensure massive deployment of Police patrol teams and undercover operatives to block spot, flash points and other vulnerable criminal spots to nip in the bud all forms of crimes and criminality across the state and make sure that detection of crime are prompt to serve as effective deterrent to all criminals.
Latest Nigeria News
- World Food Day: Preventing Food Waste In Your Own Home
- The Different Shades Of Joy: World Happiness Report 2017
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark
- Five Quick Facts About Ghana’s Recent Gas Explosion
- Madagascar Plague: All You Need To Know
- The Honeymoon Tradition: 5 Historical Facts You Did Not Know
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize: Japanese Kazuo Ishiguro Beats Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
- Random Acts Of Kindness Quotes : Lessons From Las Vegas Tragedy
- Harvard In Trouble With US Government For Diversity Record
- Sleeping Tricks: 5 Things To Try When You Cannot Sleep
- Monkeypox: Quick Facts About The Latest Deadly Virus In West Africa
- International Teachers Day: Remembering The World’s Most Unnoticed Instructors
- Dr Vuyane Mhlomi: The Power Of Determination And Hardwork
- The Blade Runner Killer: Family Protests Film Being Made About Oscar Pistorius
- Obamas 25th Anniversary: The Love Story Behind The International Power Couple
- Magufuli’s Salary: The Bulldozer Earns A Third Of Predecessor’s Earning
- The 5 African Athletes Nominated For The 2017 World Athlete Of The Year Award
- Vhutshilo Netshituni: Everything You Need To Know About SA’s First Black Paediatric Oncologist