À woman identified as Augustina Ihugba has thrown her community of Akwakwuma in Owerri North Council Area of Imo State in a mournful mood after she allegedly bathed her husband ,Raymond Ihugba with raw acid which eventually killed him .
An close source of the family who recounted the incident said that the late husband aged 50, a mason by profession and father of 4 have been in serious issues of allegations of extra marital affairs by his wife which he had constantly denied before his wife took her decision of permanently ending the issue.
Already the remains of the victim had been deposited at the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Owerri pending police investigation and the consummation of his burial arrangement.
The mother of the deceased-Eunice Ihugba who tearfully gave an insight of the gory incident, disclosed that trouble erupted between Raymond and Augustina when the latter began to make financial demand on her son despite his lean resources.
The embattled widow who lost her husband – Fidelis during the Nigerian/Biafran Civil war said that persistent pleadings by Raymond with his wife Augustina to bear with him for his inability to meet her frequent financial demands consequent upon the raging recession proved abortive .
This, according to her ignited frequent quarrel between them while all her efforts and those of the relations of her daughter in-law to arrest the ugly situation failed.
According to her, the rancor, bitterness and acrimony which had rankled in Augustina for months came to the fore when unknown to Raymond, she had armed herself with acid, trailed him to a place at Ubomiri, in the Mbaitoli council area of the State where he (Raymond) had erected a structure for his family to live in.
On sighting him, she said that Augustina instantly rushed at him and poured the acid on him and quickly took to her heels.
The hapless Raymond was immediately rushed to the emergency ward of the FMC Owerri from where he was transferred to the ward 10 of the hospital where he eventually gave up the ghost.
fighting back tears from her eyes as she narrated ,she added that the suspect was in the habit of stealing her husband’s money because of her ostentatious life style and inordinate desire for the good things of life but which her son Raymond was not prepared to tolerate.
A staff of the FMC Owerri, who craved for anonymity attributed the death of Raymond to the strike embarked upon by the doctors; stating that he could have been salvaged if the relevant medical wizards had been around to handle his case.
The traditional ruler of the community, Eze Charles Osuji who confirmed the incident described it as an abomination.
The monarch while assuring that efforts would be made to apprehend the fleeing culprit and bring her to book advised residents of the tension soaked community to remain calm and allow the police to handle the matter.
Meanwhile,effort to reach the state police Public Relation Officer ,Andrew Enwerem as at the time of this report was futile .
READ Two Armed Robbers Arrested in Ikorodu (PICTURES)
Latest Nigeria News
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark
- Five Quick Facts About Ghana’s Recent Gas Explosion
- Madagascar Plague: All You Need To Know
- The Honeymoon Tradition: 5 Historical Facts You Did Not Know
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize: Japanese Kazuo Ishiguro Beats Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
- Random Acts Of Kindness Quotes : Lessons From Las Vegas Tragedy
- Harvard In Trouble With US Government For Diversity Record
- Sleeping Tricks: 5 Things To Try When You Cannot Sleep
- Monkeypox: Quick Facts About The Latest Deadly Virus In West Africa
- International Teachers Day: Remembering The World’s Most Unnoticed Instructors
- Dr Vuyane Mhlomi: The Power Of Determination And Hardwork
- The Blade Runner Killer: Family Protests Film Being Made About Oscar Pistorius
- Obamas 25th Anniversary: The Love Story Behind The International Power Couple
- Magufuli’s Salary: The Bulldozer Earns A Third Of Predecessor’s Earning
- The 5 African Athletes Nominated For The 2017 World Athlete Of The Year Award
- Vhutshilo Netshituni: Everything You Need To Know About SA’s First Black Paediatric Oncologist
- Slide Safe: This Nigerian Startup Wants To Help Nigerians Have Safe Sex
- Don’t Joke About Grace Mugabe’s Underwear Or You May Face Jail Time