À woman identified as Augustina Ihugba has thrown her community of Akwakwuma in Owerri North Council Area of Imo State in a mournful mood after she allegedly bathed her husband ,Raymond Ihugba with raw acid which eventually killed him .
An close source of the family who recounted the incident said that the late husband aged 50, a mason by profession and father of 4 have been in serious issues of allegations of extra marital affairs by his wife which he had constantly denied before his wife took her decision of permanently ending the issue.
Already the remains of the victim had been deposited at the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Owerri pending police investigation and the consummation of his burial arrangement.
The mother of the deceased-Eunice Ihugba who tearfully gave an insight of the gory incident, disclosed that trouble erupted between Raymond and Augustina when the latter began to make financial demand on her son despite his lean resources.
The embattled widow who lost her husband – Fidelis during the Nigerian/Biafran Civil war said that persistent pleadings by Raymond with his wife Augustina to bear with him for his inability to meet her frequent financial demands consequent upon the raging recession proved abortive .
This, according to her ignited frequent quarrel between them while all her efforts and those of the relations of her daughter in-law to arrest the ugly situation failed.
According to her, the rancor, bitterness and acrimony which had rankled in Augustina for months came to the fore when unknown to Raymond, she had armed herself with acid, trailed him to a place at Ubomiri, in the Mbaitoli council area of the State where he (Raymond) had erected a structure for his family to live in.
On sighting him, she said that Augustina instantly rushed at him and poured the acid on him and quickly took to her heels.
The hapless Raymond was immediately rushed to the emergency ward of the FMC Owerri from where he was transferred to the ward 10 of the hospital where he eventually gave up the ghost.
fighting back tears from her eyes as she narrated ,she added that the suspect was in the habit of stealing her husband’s money because of her ostentatious life style and inordinate desire for the good things of life but which her son Raymond was not prepared to tolerate.
A staff of the FMC Owerri, who craved for anonymity attributed the death of Raymond to the strike embarked upon by the doctors; stating that he could have been salvaged if the relevant medical wizards had been around to handle his case.
The traditional ruler of the community, Eze Charles Osuji who confirmed the incident described it as an abomination.
The monarch while assuring that efforts would be made to apprehend the fleeing culprit and bring her to book advised residents of the tension soaked community to remain calm and allow the police to handle the matter.
Meanwhile,effort to reach the state police Public Relation Officer ,Andrew Enwerem as at the time of this report was futile .
READ Two Armed Robbers Arrested in Ikorodu (PICTURES)
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?