With an array of roles in different characters over the years sure has somewhat affected the Rita Dominic brand in the real world.
Perhaps leaving her as a superhuman to her followers, but then she reckons that she tries as much as possible to be herself regardless of the name Rita Dominic, or her being an actor, that she’s just an ordinary person.
The kind of person that likes simple things even though a lot of people find it difficult to believe; liking a simple lifestyle with that maybe they can connect with her on that level.
That much, with her strong social media presence, has helped grown and maintain her fan base by direct conversation with her fans, so many of who go overboard sometimes to appreciate her craft whenever they see her.
“Like fans screaming on the streets outside Nigeria even here, in Liberia, Sierra Leone…in some other parts. Just people crying and screaming when they meet you; it’s amazing that people scream and cry when they meet you. Sometimes I ask myself what I’m doing right?! They scream and jump at me, different things.”
Asked what the craziest or worst form of appreciation she has ever experienced in a chat with This Day, her response was shocking as much as it was to her.
“Some guy many years ago, I was trying to pass and I tapped him, just trying to say ‘excuse me’ and the next thing, he does a double take when he turned his back seeing it’s me and grabs me and just plant a kiss up my lips and then he screams my name ‘Rita Dominic!’ I was in shock…’what was that?’ Then my friend just took me away from there.”
What could have happened should it be that her friend was not at the scene and had not pulled her away? It could have been either way bad or good.
“I’m human, I wouldn’t know, she responded laughing. “The thing is, first and foremost I’m quite a polite person. It takes me a while to be pushed. It’s possible that I would have just ignored and smiled since it’s a fan and it was a reflex action. He was just excited to see me. I could have ignored it I’m sure. I found it unexpected and was in shock. I wasn’t angry. It just happened in a split of seconds and I was just out of that place. But when I think about it I actually laugh.”
On her star power and being quite on top of her game and more so relevant in the industry, she attributes to herself being her biggest competition, and not anybody else. By that, she tries to reinvent herself in terms of her craft.
“What I do is I try to be better than I was last year, I try to be better than I was two years ago, I try to be better than I was at the start of my career in terms of my acting. I look at my work from way back and I say ‘okay maybe these are the things I’m going to do.’ I just constantly look for ways of immersing myself in a role. I feel like over the years when people have seen that this person has constantly been growing, automatically your relevance is there because people believe in your ability to bring a character to light. So because they believe in that your ability, they constantly want to work with you.”
The post How A Fan Once Grabbed And Kissed Me — Rita Domini appeared first on Nigerian Hive – Naija Gist Latest Gossip Nollywood Movies Music News Naija Latest News Entertainment Nollywood Gossip from Nigeria.
READ MORE Actress Ini Edo st rips Na ked Infront Of Olu Jacob In This Movie Scene
source by [author_name]
Another Missing Budget? See Shocking Details
She Says She Has The Biggest Bum, What do You Think?? [Photos]
We always disguise as Okada riders to rob passengers – Suspects
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?