The Lagos State Police Command has recovered substances suspected to be hard drugs from a car in which another friend of the hip hop musician, David Adeleke, aka Davido, died.
The deceased, Olugbenga Abiodun, aka DJ Olu, and one Chime Amaechi, said to be a crew member of the ace artiste, were found dead on Saturday in a BMW car in a garage on Block B, Banana Island, Lagos.
They were both aged 25. DJ Olu was the son of an oil magnate, Dapo Abiodun.
The deaths came three days after Davido’s friend, Umeike Tagbo, died at a bar in the Lekki area of the state after allegedly taking 10 shots of Tequila. He died on his birthday.
While the police awaited autopsy report to ascertain the cause of death, Tagbo’s girlfriend, Caroline Danjuma, had discarded insinuations that he died of drunkenness.
She also alleged that Davido ran away after dumping his corpse at a general hospital on Lagos Island.
However, the musician denied the allegation. He condoled with Tagbo’s family and promised not to speak further on the incident.
But as Tagbo’s death continued to attract controversy, another friend of Davido, DJ Olu, and his crew member, Amaechi died around 8pm on Saturday.
A source, who confided in Punch Metro, said operatives from the Ikoyi Police Division received a distress call that two young men were lying lifeless in a car.
“A team raced to the scene. On getting there, the lifeless bodies of two adult males were found in a BMW car, with number plate, KJA 631 AY, at the underground garage of Block B, Banana Island.
READ MORE Nigerian Twitter User Reacts To Kim Kardashian & Beyonce’s Nood Maternity Photo
“After making some enquiries, the victims were identified as Olugbenga Abiodun, 25. He lived on Block 11 of the estate. The other victim, Chime Amaechi, was also aged 25,” the source said.
Another source said the duo vomited blood from the noses and mouths, adding that a preliminary physical examination suggested that they died of drug overdose.
She said, “They were found dead in the car and blood was coming out of their noses and mouths. A doctor was also at the scene. Physical examination of the bodies indicated that the victims must have died of an overdose of substances suspected to be hard drugs. The substances were found in the car.”
It was learnt that the corpses had been deposited in the Lagos State Teaching Hospital morgue for post-mortem to find the actual cause of death.
The Lagos State Acting Commissioner of Police, Edgar Imohimi, confirmed the deaths and the recovery of substances suspected to be drugs from the victims.
He, however, said the police would subject the substances to laboratory tests for identification.
Imohimi, who spoke with a Punch correspondent on the telephone said, “They were found dead in the garage. Some substances suspected to be drugs were found in the vehicle. But in any case, autopsies would be carried out to know the cause of death. There were no marks of violence on their bodies. Let the autopsies explain the cause of death. The substances will also be analysed. We need expert opinion and it is being done.”
When asked the outcome of the autopsy conducted on Tagbo, the CP said, “It will be out soon. Investigation is in top gear.”
READ MORE Falz – ”I Am Still Single, That Does Not Mean I Am Not Ready To Mingle With Single Ladies”
The post Police Recover HARD DRUGS In Car DJ Olu Was Found Dead appeared first on GL Trends.
Photos: 41 year old Mel B Looking Super Hot in Bïkïnï
Pregnant Angela Simmons steps out in 3-inch heel and sexy dress
10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos)
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?