Chime Amaechi, who was found dead in the same car with Olugbemiga Abiodun, also known as DJ Olu, may have been poisoned, his family says.
In an exclusive interview with TheNET, the family said both Chime and Olu were not drug users.
Chime’s father said:
My late son was not a drug user. Like me he didn’t even drink and when he did, it was always in very small quantities.
He was a level-head, nice human being. Even when he left school and started business, he would always let me know his next line of action, so I am surprised that these lies are being spread about him.
Chime is not that type of person. If you see drug addicts, they don’t think straight most times. Chime is not like that.
Punch had earlier reported that a source told them hard drugs were found in the car, and both Chime and DJ Olu were found bleeding through their noses and mouths.
They also reported that the Lagos State Police Commissioner, Egdar Imohimi, corroborated the story that drugs were found in the car.
But Chime’s father, speaking to NET, said:
I spoke to the DPO of Ikoyi Police Station when I saw the Punch story and he said investigations were still ongoing and there’s no way that can be correct.
They even got the age wrong: they said he’s 25. My son that I gave birth to is just 23. He was 23 in February. We just want justice to be done.
Sopulu Amaechi, Chime’s sister, said she suspects that the two friends were poisoned. She said her brother was not a drug user.
“Chime was not that kind of person, I have seen addicts and I know how they act.
My brother or DJ Olu were definitely not addicts.
You see, addicts are always fidgeting, their account of what they do is not constant. Chime was always coherent. I never suspected his moves because he confided in me.
So how would they say he overdosed on drugs? Nobody is asking for the name of the place they went to eat, neither are they asking if he was poisoned.
I am convinced that this was a case of poisoning or sabotage, because I know my brother,” she said.
She added that she suspected the poisoning is connected to a business deal her brother and DJ Olu were negotiating with the Oyo State Government.
“My belief is that it was something connected to his business. Him and Olu were negotiating a deal with the Oyo State Government and he had just arrived from Ibadan.
The person who reviewed the CCTV footage told us they saw someone drop something in their car and the person left. They should tell us who that person is,” she added.
Watch the video below:
READ MORE D’banj Is Stupid For Leaving Don Jazzy, E No Get Talent – Eedris Abdulkareem (Video)
The post Chime’s Family says he was Probably Poisoned | WATCH appeared first on GL Trends.
Photos From Florence Ita-Giwa’s Lavish 70th Birthday Party
Kendall Jenner shares snapchat of Khloe Kardashian getting lip fillers (Photos)
‘Is Your Boyfriend’s Sperm Missing?’ – Iyanya’s Ex-girlfriend Freda Francis Slams Troll Questioning ...
Latest Nigeria News
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark
- Five Quick Facts About Ghana’s Recent Gas Explosion
- Madagascar Plague: All You Need To Know
- The Honeymoon Tradition: 5 Historical Facts You Did Not Know
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize: Japanese Kazuo Ishiguro Beats Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
- Random Acts Of Kindness Quotes : Lessons From Las Vegas Tragedy
- Harvard In Trouble With US Government For Diversity Record
- Sleeping Tricks: 5 Things To Try When You Cannot Sleep
- Monkeypox: Quick Facts About The Latest Deadly Virus In West Africa
- International Teachers Day: Remembering The World’s Most Unnoticed Instructors
- Dr Vuyane Mhlomi: The Power Of Determination And Hardwork
- The Blade Runner Killer: Family Protests Film Being Made About Oscar Pistorius
- Obamas 25th Anniversary: The Love Story Behind The International Power Couple
- Magufuli’s Salary: The Bulldozer Earns A Third Of Predecessor’s Earning
- The 5 African Athletes Nominated For The 2017 World Athlete Of The Year Award
- Vhutshilo Netshituni: Everything You Need To Know About SA’s First Black Paediatric Oncologist
- Slide Safe: This Nigerian Startup Wants To Help Nigerians Have Safe Sex
- Don’t Joke About Grace Mugabe’s Underwear Or You May Face Jail Time