There seems to be no end to the feud between Senator Isa Hamma Misau and the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr. Ibrahim Idris, over alleged bribe-for-posting and transfers, and marriages between senior and junior officers.
The police authorities, who took up Misau on the allegations he levelled against the IGP before the Senate last week, said that the lawmaker lied on all the issues he raised.
They said that the Senator had once requested for special transfer for one of his friend who is a serving police officer, one of the crimes he accused the IGP of committing.
Misau had accused the IGP of giving special promotion to one Asta to the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DPS) before he got married to her.
Bu the Police authorities told our correspondent that the allegation is false.
Last week, Senator Misau accused Idris of giving special promotion to female officers and his cronies without due process.
“The IG is openly having two relationships with policewomen who he gave special promotion. One of them is Amina and one of them is DSP Asta which the IGP on 15th of last month got married to that DSP woman. Under the Police Act and regulation, you cannot marry a serving policewoman unless that woman retires, “Misau told the Senate plenary.
READ FC Ifeanyi Ubah beats League leaders, Wikki, move to 3rd Position
Investigation revealed that the said officer (Asta) is a pilot and was promoted alongside her 30 colleagues on April 28, 2017.
It was gathered that plans had been concluded to promote 26 engineers, who are also under the category of officers with special qualification.
The entry point of all officers such as engineers, doctors, pilots is DSP on level 10/2 but had not been followed over the years.
Records at the Force Headquarters, which revealed that Amina who was mentioned by Senator Misau in his allegations receiving special promotion from the IGP did not benefit from the exercise.
The records showed that Amina is currently an Inspector and had been working in the Kano State Command before Idris was posted there as Commissioner of Police (CP).
According to the records, Amina was promoted before Idris became IGP contrary to the claim by Misau that she was elevated by the police boss.
Responding to questions from our correspondent, a senior police who sought anonymity because he was not competent to speak for the Force, accused Misau of displaying ignorance on the issue of marriage between officers.
The source disclosed that marriage between serving officers in the Force is not allowed between a senior and junior officer but that senior officers can marry each other.
While accusing Misau of embarking on a vendetta mission against the IGP, he disclosed that a serving Deputy Inspector-General of Police (DIG) is currently married to a Police Sergeant.
“Why is Misau not saying anything about the DIG or is he not aware of it? Let Misau tell Nigerians his real grouse with IGP Idris,” he said.
READ Despite Militants' Attack on Oil Infrastructure, Oil Exports Still on Course
On postings and transfers, a letter written by Senator Misau and addressed to the IGP on May 8, 2017, requesting for the transfer of a DSP (names withheld) from Abuja to any command close to Rivers or Lagos State.
The letter which was personally signed by Senator Misau was titled: “Compassionate appeal for the transfer of (names withheld) from DFA, FHQ, Abuja to any command close to Rivers or Lagos State.”
The letter read in part: “I write to compassionately appeal for the transfer of the above named officer to any command close to Rivers or Lagos State.
“The officer who is an old acquaintance of mine from Rivers State with family that reside in Lagos, has barely a few months to retire from the service.
“…I would appreciate your kind gesture in this regard, please.
“While thanking you for the kind consideration, please accept the assurance of my highest regards.”
Our findings indicated that on May25, 2017, the transfer was approved for the officer.
READ Jonathan Swears In Obanikoro, Others As Minister
It was also learnt that special promotion had been practiced in the Nigeria Police for many years before Idris assumed office.
Records at the Force Headquarters showed that former IGP, Mr. Solomon Arase, carried out special promotions.
In one of the promotions by Arase, an officer was promoted above 114 of his senior colleagues and given Acting Commissioner of Police (CP). He was confirmed four days after as Commissioner of Police.
Also, a onetime Commissioner of Police (CP) of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) (names withheld) under the previous IGPs a few years ago, was promoted above 300 of his senior colleagues.
Records also revealed that during the time of other former IGPs including Sunday Ehindero, there were special promotions which were enmeshed in controversy and were reversed.
“The issue of posting raised by Misau does not hold water because it is done by the Police Service Commission (PSC). Moreover, every IGP uses his discretion because he knows the officers who have the capacity to deliver on any given assignment at a particular time.
“Some of the officers that got the recent special promotion risked their lives and performed excellently in the fight against kidnappers and armed robbers such as those involved in the arrest of notorious kidnapper, Evans,” another source at the Force Headquarters, said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?