The National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has set up a Campaign Committee for the Anambra State gubernatorial election scheduled for November 18.
A statement issued by Senator Ben Obi, National Secretary of the party on Wednesday in Abuja, disclosed that the committee would be led by governors Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu and Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta as joint chairmen.
Mr Obaze Oseloka, the party’s gubernatorial candidate for Anambra would flag off his campaign on Monday, at the Dennis Memorial Grammar School (DMGS) Onitsha the statement said.
Committee members include Sen. Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President, all PDP governors, Sen. Ben Obi and all former PDP Governors from the South East.
READ Demola Olarewaju: The Farce That Was Amanpour’s Interview With Buhari
Other members were all former governors from the five other zones of the nation namely Otunba Gbenga Daniel, South West; Chief Celestine Omehia, South-South; Alhaji Ibrahim Shema, North West; Alhaji Ibrahim Idris, North Central; and Mr Boni Haruna, North East.
Others include all former governors South South, all former National Assembly members from South East, all members of the Board of Trustees from the South East.
Also in the committee were all former ministers from the South-East, all National Assembly members from the South-East Zone, all South East Zonal Executive Committee members.
It also includes all state chairmen from South-East Zone and Chief Austin Umahi, National Vice Chairman, South East.
Latest Nigeria News
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark
- Five Quick Facts About Ghana’s Recent Gas Explosion
- Madagascar Plague: All You Need To Know
- The Honeymoon Tradition: 5 Historical Facts You Did Not Know
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize: Japanese Kazuo Ishiguro Beats Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
- Random Acts Of Kindness Quotes : Lessons From Las Vegas Tragedy
- Harvard In Trouble With US Government For Diversity Record
- Sleeping Tricks: 5 Things To Try When You Cannot Sleep
- Monkeypox: Quick Facts About The Latest Deadly Virus In West Africa
- International Teachers Day: Remembering The World’s Most Unnoticed Instructors
- Dr Vuyane Mhlomi: The Power Of Determination And Hardwork
- The Blade Runner Killer: Family Protests Film Being Made About Oscar Pistorius
- Obamas 25th Anniversary: The Love Story Behind The International Power Couple
- Magufuli’s Salary: The Bulldozer Earns A Third Of Predecessor’s Earning
- The 5 African Athletes Nominated For The 2017 World Athlete Of The Year Award
- Vhutshilo Netshituni: Everything You Need To Know About SA’s First Black Paediatric Oncologist
- Slide Safe: This Nigerian Startup Wants To Help Nigerians Have Safe Sex
- Don’t Joke About Grace Mugabe’s Underwear Or You May Face Jail Time