The National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has set up a Campaign Committee for the Anambra State gubernatorial election scheduled for November 18.
A statement issued by Senator Ben Obi, National Secretary of the party on Wednesday in Abuja, disclosed that the committee would be led by governors Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu and Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta as joint chairmen.
Mr Obaze Oseloka, the party’s gubernatorial candidate for Anambra would flag off his campaign on Monday, at the Dennis Memorial Grammar School (DMGS) Onitsha the statement said.
Committee members include Sen. Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President, all PDP governors, Sen. Ben Obi and all former PDP Governors from the South East.
READ Demola Olarewaju: The Farce That Was Amanpour’s Interview With Buhari
Other members were all former governors from the five other zones of the nation namely Otunba Gbenga Daniel, South West; Chief Celestine Omehia, South-South; Alhaji Ibrahim Shema, North West; Alhaji Ibrahim Idris, North Central; and Mr Boni Haruna, North East.
Others include all former governors South South, all former National Assembly members from South East, all members of the Board of Trustees from the South East.
Also in the committee were all former ministers from the South-East, all National Assembly members from the South-East Zone, all South East Zonal Executive Committee members.
It also includes all state chairmen from South-East Zone and Chief Austin Umahi, National Vice Chairman, South East.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?