The Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has maintained his position on the agitation for restructuring, insisting that the North cannot be forced into restructuring as demanded by the Southern parts of the country. He also boasted that those with less numerical strength at the national assembly would continue to lose on issues that are not popular to those with higher numbers.
El-Rufai, who is chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Panel on True Federalism, was emphatic when he categorically stated that it is fundamentally wrong for geo-political zone with small population to agitate to be granted equal status with the zone with large population.
READ FLASH| Pascal Bafyau is Dead
The Kaduna state governor, who spoke at the poorly attended town hall meeting to engage Nigerian youths in Abuja on the controversy over the restructuring of the country, cautioned that the greatest injustice of restructuring would be trying to make “equal to become unequal and unequal to become equal”.
He boasted that restructuring will continue to die at the National Assembly with the position of the majority Northern parliamentarians at both the Senate and the House of Representatives, adding that with few representatives from the South, the majority will always carry their way.
He said, “You cannot abolish the Senate. For those agitating for restructuring, there is constitutional means of doing so. The National Assembly, including the Senate which cannot be abolished is the final hope, for that is where the vote lies.
READ Donald Trump: Why this 'Otondo' is Nigeria's Best man for US Presidency by Adewunmi Emoruwa
“We have a constitutional order, a due process. We are not over-slowing the document in starting afresh. The complaint that the cost of government is high and as such that we should do away with the Presidential system is not right. So, let us be pragmatic.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?