The management of Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC), on Monday warned consumers within its network against paying its personnel for installation of the company’s prepaid meters.
Godwin Idemudia, the General Manager, EKEDC, gave the warning in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, in Lagos.
According to him, complaints have reached the company that some personnel are collecting money for installation from consumers who had been given meters free.
“As long as the meters are free, installation is also free.
“If there are other back end equipment that are needed on the part of the customers like Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) and cables, they should provide that on their own ready for installation.
“So, if they request for money before installing the meter, please ignore them.
“Some consumers who bribe our staff for bypassing lines that connect their freezers, air-conditioners and other electrical gadgets should know that it is absolutely illegal.
“If you are caught during the routine check by our staff, you will be fined for bypassing and charged to court,” he said.
The General Manager urged consumers to desist from bribing staff of the company on official assignment.
“It is wrong for our staff to demand for money before clearing electricity faults because that’s what they are being paid for.
“Consumers should be aware that it is also wrong to connive with our staff not to settle electricity bills appropriately.
“Consumers should report any EKEDC staff that demands for money to the nearest EKEDC office for proper action,” he said. (NAN)
Latest Nigeria News
- Mugabe Resigns: Remembering Five Of His Greatest Moments
- SOS: This Is The Best Sleeping Position For Pregnant Women
- Dog Ownership: This Is Another Reason Why You Need A Dog Around You
- Betting in Nigeria – By The Numbers
- 5 Things To Note From That Confusing President Mugabe Speech
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Get To Know The Political Term Limits In Various African Countries
- Ifeoma Fafunwa: Nigerian Woman Making A Difference With Creative Arts
- Is Nigeria’s Energy Industry Finally Rising Out of the Ashes?
- Global Citizen Forum: Akon Is Awarded For The Lighting Africa Initiative
- Chantel Dartnall: SA Female Chef Named The Best In The World
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade