The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) announced that it will meet meet with the “critical stakeholders” in education on Wednesday to appraise the general conduct of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
This was confirmed by JAMB spokesperson, Fabian Benjamin, on Monday in Lagos that the meeting, scheduled to hold in Abuja, would brainstorm on the conduct of the examination and identify possible areas for review.
Among those expected at the meeting are Foreign Affairs Ministry officials, university lecturers, vice chancellors and rectors of polytechnics, he said.
“We are also expecting top media executives, state commissioners of education and heads of colleges of education.
“Other stakeholders expected at the meeting are labour unions of Nigeria universities such as ASUU, Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) and Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU), among others,’’ he said.
Mr. Benjamin said the board had held a similar meeting with owners of Computer Based Test (CBT) centres and administrators nationwide to appraise the registration and conduct of the 2017 UTME.
The JAMB Registrar, Is’haq Oloyede, during a meeting with administrators of the CBT centres announced new measures that would further strengthen the integrity and general conduct of the examination.
Mr. Oloyede also banned the use of pens, wrist watches and other devices as part of the newly introduced measures for the 2018 UTME.
According to him, experience has shown that some candidates were using the devices to perpetrate examination malpractices.
Source: ( NAN )
Latest Nigeria News
- Mugabe Resigns: Remembering Five Of His Greatest Moments
- SOS: This Is The Best Sleeping Position For Pregnant Women
- Dog Ownership: This Is Another Reason Why You Need A Dog Around You
- Betting in Nigeria – By The Numbers
- 5 Things To Note From That Confusing President Mugabe Speech
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Get To Know The Political Term Limits In Various African Countries
- Ifeoma Fafunwa: Nigerian Woman Making A Difference With Creative Arts
- Is Nigeria’s Energy Industry Finally Rising Out of the Ashes?
- Global Citizen Forum: Akon Is Awarded For The Lighting Africa Initiative
- Chantel Dartnall: SA Female Chef Named The Best In The World
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade