Gov. Aminu Masari of Katsina State on Monday presented the 2018 appropriation bill of N211.4 billion at the State House of Assembly.
Mr. Masari, who presented the estimates in Katsina, said the budget was tagged “Budget of Actualization’’.
He said the appropriation bill had a capital expenditure of N160 billion, representing 75.7 per cent of the total budget, while recurrent expenditure was put at N51.4 billion, representing 24.3 per cent.
Mr. Masari said the projected Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) to finance the budget was N10.2 billion as well as N26.2 billion from other internal sources, while N131 billion was expected from the Federation Account.
He said the 2018 recurrent revenue increased by 30 per cent, compared to the figure in 2017, just as the recurrent expenditure in 2018 increased by 17.4 per cent over that of 2017, which was 13 per cent.
The governor said the personnel cost in the 2018 budget was N24.6 billion, overhead cost N12 billion, while consolidated revenue and other charges were N14.6 billion.
He said under capital expenditure, the economic sector received N42.8 billion; social sector, N47.1 billion; regional development, N52.1 billion, while administration received N6.8 billion.
Mr. Masari said that judiciary was allocated N691.2 million; the legislature N302.7 million; while contingency had N2.6 billion and N7.3 billion was for debt servicing.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that education sector received the lion share of N42.4 billion, representing 20 per cent of the budget.
Responding, the Speaker, Abubakar Yahaya, promised to ensure speedy passage of the budget for people of the state to continue to enjoy the “dividends of democracy”.
Mr. Yahaya said that the house would scrutinise the budget with the aim of making necessary amendments. (NAN)
Latest Nigeria News
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Get To Know The Political Term Limits In Various African Countries
- Ifeoma Fafunwa: Nigerian Woman Making A Difference With Creative Arts
- Is Nigeria’s Energy Industry Finally Rising Out of the Ashes?
- Global Citizen Forum: Akon Is Awarded For The Lighting Africa Initiative
- Chantel Dartnall: SA Female Chef Named The Best In The World
- Albert Einstein’s Theory Of Happiness That More People Should Live By
- Two Budgeting Plans To Make Your Money Last
- Zimbabwe: 3 Key Things To Know About VP Mnangagwa’s Sack
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: 7 Interesting Facts Of The Actor Turned US Governor
- The Paradise Papers: All You Need To Know
- Sweating Blood: The Strange Medical Condition Known As Hematohidrosis
- Ghana Is The Highest Marijuana Using Country In Africa
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?