The best graduating Law student of the University of Ibadan, 2015/2016 academic session, Joseph Ogunmodede, on Monday explained how he was able to achieve the academic feat.
Mr. Ogunmodede, who had a first class degree, said he was able to attain the feat due to hard work and diligence, adding that nobody can be a success except he or she can pay the price.
Mr. Ogunmodede also explained why he established an online platform to “creatively educate the world on their legal rights and duties.”
”In short, you can begin from anywhere and still reach for the stars. All you need is to summon the courage. As we move on in life, create value and watch yourself climb the ladder of success.
“As you know, for you to achieve anything, you must have a sense of purpose. My fellow graduating students, we need to set goals for ourselves and be focused. With patience, determination and dedication, we shall reach the better tomorrow that is ahead of us, for we have a very bright future.
”The world has gone digital; technology remains the future of human relations and we now have access to the global market if only we can make optimal use of our technological gadgets. Check out the lives of the most successful entrepreneurs, they look for a need and meet it. Why don’t we do likewise?”
He made the remarks on Monday while delivering a valedictory speech on behalf of his colleagues at 69th convocation ceremony of the university.
The graduand, whose father, Benjamin Ogunmodede, is also a legal practitioner said the online platform, www.thelegaldiary.com, known as ‘The Legal Diary’, would remain ”part of his testimony as a lawyer.”
“Personally, with all sense of humility, I have led by example in this regard by founding “The Legal Diary,” which is an online platform to creatively educate the world on their legal rights and duties,” he said.
Mr. Ogunmodede lamented the level of unemployment in the country. He tasked his colleagues and other youth never to stay idle waiting for opportunities but to create such opportunities for themselves.
”This is a critical time in our lives. Many of us are asking ourselves, “what next?”, “What does the future hold for us?” The fear is, even more, overwhelming with the current economic situation in Nigeria which is characterised by abysmally low employment rate and the relative unease in doing business,” he said.
”Nevertheless, I urge us to use the little resources at our disposal to meet the needs of people. In my view, unemployment is a myth. It is a basic principle of economics that human wants are insatiable and this clearly indicates that there is always something to be done,” he added.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?