Suspected billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike a.k.a Evans, will be arraigned on fresh charges by the Lagos State Government before Justice Adedayo Akintoye of a Lagos High Court in Igbosere on November 24.
Evans arraignment alongside four others on two separate charges before the court was stalled yesterday owing to the failure of the prosecution to serve the charges on all the accused persons.
In one of the charges, the state slammed five counts of conspiracy to kidnapping, kidnapping and attempted murder on Evans, Joseph Ikenna Emeka, Victor Aduba and Okpara Linus.
The offences are contrary to Sections 411 and 230 of Criminal Law Cap C 17, Vol. 13 of Lagos State 2015.
The second charge involves Evans, Joseph Ikenna Emeka, Ugochukwu Nwachukwu and Victor Aduba.
They are facing a two-count charge of conspiracy to kidnapping and kidnapping contrary to Sections 411 and 271 (3) Cap C17, Vol 3 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.
At yesterday’s proceedings, two defence lawyers, Olukoya Ogungbeje and O. Ogu, informed the court that they are yet to be served with copies of the charges by the prosecution.
Addressing the court, Lagos State Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), Titilayo Shitta-bay, said the state was in court to secure a remand order against all the accused persons pending when they will be served with the charges.
Justice Akintoye consequently directed that the accused persons be remanded in prison custody and adjourned till November 24 for their arraignment.
While adjourning the matter, the judge ordered the prosecution to serve the defence lawyers with all the necessary information before the next adjourned date.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Get To Know The Political Term Limits In Various African Countries
- Ifeoma Fafunwa: Nigerian Woman Making A Difference With Creative Arts
- Is Nigeria’s Energy Industry Finally Rising Out of the Ashes?
- Global Citizen Forum: Akon Is Awarded For The Lighting Africa Initiative
- Chantel Dartnall: SA Female Chef Named The Best In The World
- Albert Einstein’s Theory Of Happiness That More People Should Live By
- Two Budgeting Plans To Make Your Money Last
- Zimbabwe: 3 Key Things To Know About VP Mnangagwa’s Sack
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: 7 Interesting Facts Of The Actor Turned US Governor
- The Paradise Papers: All You Need To Know
- Sweating Blood: The Strange Medical Condition Known As Hematohidrosis
- Ghana Is The Highest Marijuana Using Country In Africa
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?