National President of Middle Belt Youth Forum, Comrade Pius Attah, has said that the region would vehemently resist any attempt by their counterparts in the far north to thwarts the chances of former Senate President, David Mark from contesting the 2019 presidential election.
He noted that the Middle Belt, which comprises of the North Central geopolitical zone has suffered neglects and marginalization with recently released of political appointees by the presidency.
Comrade Attah stated this yesterday during a press conference in Jos and insisted that the Middle Belt should be given the chance in the north to produce the president in 2019.
“We in the Middle Belt are suffering political marginalization from our counterparts in the far north. This is evident with the recent released of list of political appointees by the presidency and the region has the least among other geopolitical zones in the country.
“We have been supportive of political ambition of other geopolitical zones and we have made several civilian presidents but we have never produced one. It is on this account that youths in the Middle Belt after consultation with the elders, women and some political stakeholders decided to endorsed Senator David Mark to contest the 2019 presidential election.
“We will resist any attempt by anybody from the far north to thwarts this ambition, it is time for us in the Middle Belt to give Nigeria a president that will unit and address issues of marginalization and nepotism in the country.”
He stressed that when the north is looking for vote during the election, they assume that the 19 northern states are together but when it come to a political appointment and what will benefit the region, the Middle Belt is neglected after labouring.
He called on youths in the South-South, South-East, South-West and North East who has not also produce President in the country to support the presidential ambition of the Middle Belt in North Central so that they will also support them when they indicated interest.
Comrade Attah expressed disappointment with President Buhari for his inability to address the Fulani/herdsmen clashes in Benue and Plateau State where several lives have lost.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Get To Know The Political Term Limits In Various African Countries
- Ifeoma Fafunwa: Nigerian Woman Making A Difference With Creative Arts
- Is Nigeria’s Energy Industry Finally Rising Out of the Ashes?
- Global Citizen Forum: Akon Is Awarded For The Lighting Africa Initiative
- Chantel Dartnall: SA Female Chef Named The Best In The World
- Albert Einstein’s Theory Of Happiness That More People Should Live By
- Two Budgeting Plans To Make Your Money Last
- Zimbabwe: 3 Key Things To Know About VP Mnangagwa’s Sack
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: 7 Interesting Facts Of The Actor Turned US Governor
- The Paradise Papers: All You Need To Know
- Sweating Blood: The Strange Medical Condition Known As Hematohidrosis
- Ghana Is The Highest Marijuana Using Country In Africa
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?