The Nigerian Army says it has apprehended three suspected members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, for being in possession and sharing leaflets inscribed: “No Election in Anambra”.
The Deputy Director, Army Public Relations 82 Division, Sagir Musa, disclosed this in a statement made available to newsmen on Tuesday in Onitsha.
Mr. Musa said the suspects were arrested by the 144 Battalion patrol team at Alaoji flyover, Aba General Area, on November 12.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that those arrested are Chidiebere Nwaona, 35, Nwagbougwu Okeke, 55 and John Nwaogazi, 50 years old.
“The suspects, leaflets and flyers have been handed over to Department of State Services (DSS), Abia Command, for further action,” Mr. Musa said.
Similarly, Mr. Musa said a joint patrol team of 145 Battalion Rear and some personnel of the National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) had also recovered large quantity of substances suspected to be cocaine and hemp.
He said three suspects were arrested and had been handed over to the NDLEA along with the exhibits for further action.
Mr. Musa also disclosed that a patrol team of 144 Battalion of 14 Brigade Nigerian Army had rescued the General Overseer of Victorious Peoples Assembly, Aba branch, Michael Onyeka, who was kidnapped on November 10.
According to him, the cleric was rescued on November 12 following a tip-off received from a good Samaritan indicating the possible location where he was held.
He said that no arrest was made as the culprits ran away before the arrival of the troops, but that efforts were being made to apprehend them.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mugabe Resigns: Remembering Five Of His Greatest Moments
- SOS: This Is The Best Sleeping Position For Pregnant Women
- Dog Ownership: This Is Another Reason Why You Need A Dog Around You
- Betting in Nigeria – By The Numbers
- 5 Things To Note From That Confusing President Mugabe Speech
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Get To Know The Political Term Limits In Various African Countries
- Ifeoma Fafunwa: Nigerian Woman Making A Difference With Creative Arts
- Is Nigeria’s Energy Industry Finally Rising Out of the Ashes?
- Global Citizen Forum: Akon Is Awarded For The Lighting Africa Initiative
- Chantel Dartnall: SA Female Chef Named The Best In The World
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade