A Federal High Court in Lagos on Tuesday ordered that N350 million belonging to AM-PM Global Network Ltd, in Stanbic-IBTC bank, be placed on temporary attachment, pending an ongoing investigation by the EFCC.
Justice Hadiza Rabiu-Shagari, made the order following an ex-parte application filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
The application was argued by EFCC’s lawyer, Rotimi Oyedepo, against the company.
In an affidavit deposed to by one Musbau Yahaya, the commission stated that between June 20, 2012 and Nov. 15, 2013, the respondent fraudulently received N1.2 billion into its Diamond Bank account.
He said that the sum was proceeds of an unlawful enrichment derived by Patience Jonathan, who was then a Permanent Secretary, appointed by the Bayelsa State Government.
The deponent also stated that in a bid to dissipate the fund, the respondent opened an account with Stanbic-IBTC Bank.
He said that out of the alleged proceeds of unlawful enrichment of Mrs Jonathan, the respondent transferred N350 million, from its Diamond Bank account to the account sought to be attached.
He added that there was a desperate bid to dissipate the funds.
The deponent further stated that the commission had traced the said N350 million, to the respondent’s account, now sought to be attached.
He added that a court order is needed to instruct the bank to attach the account to prevent the dissipation of the funds.
The commission argued that unless the application was determined, the respondent will tamper with the account being sought to be attached.
He submitted that it will serve the course of justice if the application is granted.
After listening to the submissions of counsel, Justice Rabiu-Shagari ordered the temporary freezing of the sum of N350 million, belonging to AM-PM Global Network Ltd, at the Stanbic-IBTC Bank, pending the conclusion of the investigation on the account by the EFCC.
Latest Nigeria News
- Mugabe Resigns: Remembering Five Of His Greatest Moments
- SOS: This Is The Best Sleeping Position For Pregnant Women
- Dog Ownership: This Is Another Reason Why You Need A Dog Around You
- Betting in Nigeria – By The Numbers
- 5 Things To Note From That Confusing President Mugabe Speech
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Get To Know The Political Term Limits In Various African Countries
- Ifeoma Fafunwa: Nigerian Woman Making A Difference With Creative Arts
- Is Nigeria’s Energy Industry Finally Rising Out of the Ashes?
- Global Citizen Forum: Akon Is Awarded For The Lighting Africa Initiative
- Chantel Dartnall: SA Female Chef Named The Best In The World
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade