A governorship aspirant under the banner of the Peoples Democratic Party, from Ogun West Senatorial District in Ogun State, Gboyega Isiaka, has denied participating in a screening exercise aimed at presenting a consensus candidate by the zone.
The aspirant’s media aide, Wale Junaid, made the clarification on Wednesday in a statement in reaction to the media report that he was ‘screened out’ by the exercise said to have produced Solomon Olamilekan. The screening process was done by the Ogun West Consultative Forum.
He said he was invited to the session to share his thoughts on the best way for the zone to go in realising its desire for the zone to produce the next governor.
Mr. Isiaka added that he was surprised that after the session he started reading (in the news) about screening and endorsement of a consesus candidate which he said never took place nor included in the agenda of the meeting he attended.
The statement said: ”In the reports, the name of our principal – GNI was mentioned among the aspirants said to have been purportedly screened before their final choice of Senator Olamilekan Adeola representing Lagos West as the group candidate for 2019 gubernatorial contest in Ogun State.”
The aspirant said it was a fundamental right of any group of people to ”endorse, adopt and or even present any aspirant for election and he has no issue over that.”
The two-time governorship candidate declared that it was wrong mentioning his name amongst the participants in a “screening process that never happened.”
He said about three months ago, he was invited by a leader in the zone, Kayode Ajibola, to come and interact with members of his group, Ogun West Consultative Forum, at Ilaro; and he obliged.
“This is one of several of such interactions that have happened and will still happen in the process. I honoured the invitation with some of my supporters strictly within Ogun West in attendance,” the aspirant said.
”I appreciated them, highlighted my understanding of the past mistakes and what I felt should be done as we move into 2019 contest and I submitted by stressing my strength and comparative advantages in the race.”
”The session was called interactive not screening; and the purpose was meant to be fact-finding and proffering solutions not for endorsement or whatever name it is called,” Mr. Isiaka declared.
“Mobody ever mentioned that I was to come for screening and the session never acted as one. I only attended an interactive session among supposed family members from Ogun West on invitation and not for a screening,” he stressed.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?