Barely 48 hours after Buruji Kashamu was suspended for one month by his party, PDP, the Labour Party, LP, said it is ready to accommodate the controversial politician into its fold.
The chairman of the LP, Abdulkareem Abdulsalam, extended the gesture to Mr. Kashamu at a press conference held on Sunday in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.
Mr. Abdulsalam while responding to questions from journalists said the gesture to accommodate Mr. Kashamu, wanted for drug related offences in the US, to Labour Party, was open if he signifies interest.
“Kashamu is free to come and join us. He is a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We shall accommodate him if he is willing to be part of us. Even if NUJ members show interest to join us, we shall accommodate you all,” he declared.
“We have not met with him and we have not discussed anything, if he wants to come to our party as a patriotic Nigerian, a distinguished senator of the federal republic of Nigeria, he’s most welcome,” he said.
Speaking further, he said the Labour Party has been rebranded ahead of the 2019 general elections, describing it as a saviour of the masses.
The politician also spoke on his party’s preparation for 2019.
“The leadership of Labour Party in Ogun state is setting the ball rolling for the commencement of congresses in wards, local government areas and state,” Mr. Abdulsalam said.
“We are sure of repeating the glorious feat recorded in Ondo state when Governor Mimiko won governorship election in Ondo for two consecutive terms under the platform of Labour Party against all odds. We therefore strongly believe that Labour party is the party to beat in Ogun State in 2019 general election,” he said.
“Labour Party is just like NLC, we are not discriminating, we are not segregating, we are not sectional; we are open to everyone. If the governor and the deputy want to come from Egba, in Labour party we welcome it.
“Anybody that wish to contest for a post, if he’s acceptable to everyone, wins the primary election. Labour Party has no problem with them. We are not fanatics, we have no anointing candidates,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- 7 New Year Resolutions For Africans Who Love Africa
- Top 5 Unpleasant Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku