The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board on Tuesday warned prospective candidates for the 2018 UTME to be wary of fake past questions in compact disks being circulated in the country.
The board made the call in a statement signed by its Head of Media, Mr. Fabian Benjamin, and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja.
JAMB, while dissociating itself from the counterfeit papers, said the items were “intended to deceive unsuspecting candidates.”
“The fake past questions in CD Rom entitled, “JAMB PRO CBT practice software for UTME” was purported to have emanated from JAMB in order to give credence to the products.
“This is also made by the producers to perpetuate their nefarious activities.
“JAMB wishes to dissociate itself from the production and sale of the fake CDs and warns the public to be vigilant and avoid being defrauded.’’
The board said it had not authorised any individual or groups to do so on its behalf.
It added that preliminary investigation conducted showed that the past questions were fake and had no semblance whatsoever to the board’s question papers in context, content or form.
“As a responsible and responsive organisation, we will not be part of any ploy to defraud innocent candidates.
“We have put machineries in motion to our outlets and service providers not to be used as channels of exploitation or distribution of such fake items.’’
The board reiterated its commitment to continuously ensure that candidates applying for its examination were not misled, while calling on them to also avoid fake online sites.
It urged intending candidates to study hard for the examinations and channel all enquiries to any of the board’s offices nationwide for any redress, challenges or information.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- 7 New Year Resolutions For Africans Who Love Africa
- Top 5 Unpleasant Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku