At least 21 vehicles and five motorcycles were burnt on Wednesday in Lagos after a tanker laden with petroleum product had exploded.
Confirming the incident, Kehinde Adebayo, the spokesman of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, however, said no life was lost in the incident.
PREMIUM TIMES gathered that tragedy struck around noon when a tanker loaded with 33,000 litres of diesel detached from its truck and fell by its side.
“A distress call was passed to the LASEMA Response Team on 13th December concerning a tanker on fire at FESTAC link bridge,” Mr. Adebayo said.
“Upon arrival to the scene of incident at about 12:45 p.m., it was revealed that a tanker loaded with 33,000 litres AGO (diesel) detached from its truck and fell by its side.
“It later exploded due to an aftermath ignition of a commuter bus.
The official said no life was lost but one adult male sustained a minor injury.
“The inferno affected 21 cars (18 cars and 3 commuter buses) and 5 bikes.
“The agency’s rescue/recovery equipment is on ground to ensure the burnt vehicles are taken off the road,” he said.
Mr. Adebayo said combined effort of the emergency responders – LRT, Police, Lagos Fire Service, Federal Fire Service and Lagos Neighbourhood Watch – were able to put the fire out at 2:20 p.m.
He said investigation would be conducted on the incident.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- 7 New Year Resolutions For Africans Who Love Africa
- Top 5 Unpleasant Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku