Justice Mairo Nasir of an FCT High Court on Thursday granted Maimuna Aliyu bail in the sum of N10 million.
Mrs. Aliyu, a former Executive Director, Aso Savings and Loans plc, is accused of N57 million fraud while in office.
She faces a separate charge in a murder case involving her daughter, Maryam Sanda, who is accused of murdering her husband, Bilyaminu Haliru.
Justice Nasir granted the defendant bail, following a formal application filled before the court by her lawyer, Joe-Kyari Gadzama.
The judge also granted the defendant bail with two sureties who must be resident within the jurisdiction of the court and must swear an affidavit means of livelihood.
Justice Nasir adjourned the matter until March 12 for commencement of hearing.
The News Agency of Nigeria report that the ICPC on November 27, 2017 filled a three-count charge bordering on fraud against the defendant.
The defendant was not arraigned since charges were filed because she was a co-defendant with her daughter, Maryam Sanda, in a murder case before another court in Jabi.
Maryam was alleged to have stabbed her husband to death on November 19, 2017. Her husband, Bilyaminu Haliru, is the son of the former Peoples Democratic Party Chairman, Bello Haliru.
The ICPC counsel, Akponimisingha Ekoi, had earlier told the court that one of the charges of the fraud filled against the ex-director was punishable under Section 19 of the ICPC Act 2000.
Mr. Ekoi said that the other offence were punishable under section 25(1a)(b) of the ICPC Act 2000 and section 312 of the Penal Code Act, CAP 532 Laws of the Northern Nigeria 1990.
He told the court to use its discretion in doing justice to the matter.
However, the defendant’s counsel, Mr. Gadzama, prayed the court to grant his client bail adding that all necessary document to that effect were already before the court.
He also told the court to see the defendant as innocent in accordance with the provisions of Section 36 of the 1999 Constitution.
Mr. Gadzama said that the defendant will not jump bail if granted and will provide all necessary requirement needed for the bail.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- 7 New Year Resolutions For Africans Who Love Africa
- Top 5 Unpleasant Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku