The Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, on Thursday carried out a major cabinet reshuffle, dropping three commissioners and appointing five new ones.
In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Tunji Bello, the three affected cabinet members are Adebimpe Akinsola, Femi Odubiyi and Anifowoshe Abiola.
The newly appointed cabinet members include Hakeem Fahm (Ministry of Science and Technology); Ladi Lawanson (Ministry of Transportation); Segun Banjo (Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget); Olayinka Oladunjoye (Ministry of Commerce and Industry) and Hakeem Sulaiman (Communities and Communications).
The statement added that major deployments have also been effected.
Rotimi Ogunleye from Commerce and Industry to Physical Planning and Urban Development; Steve Ayorinde from Ministry of Information and Strategy to Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Kehinde Bamigbetan from Communities and Communication to Ministry of Information and Strategy; Babatunde Durosinmi Etti from Ministry of Wealth Creation to Ministry of the Environment; Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf from Ministry of Youth and Social Development to Ministry of Wealth Creation; Agboola Dabiri from Central Business District to Ministry of Youth and Social Development.
Others include Samuel Adejare from Ministry of the Environment to Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development; Ade Akinsanya from Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development to Ministry of Works and Infrastructure.
In the same vein, the statement also added that Benjamin Olabinjo has been moved from Special Adviser Commerce and Industry to become Special Adviser Civic Engagement, while Kehinde Joseph moved from Special Adviser Civic Engagement to become Special Adviser Housing.
Deji Tinubu, Special Adviser Sports has been redeployed as Special Adviser to the Governor on Commerce and Industry and Anofiu Elegushi moves from Special Adviser Transport to become Special Adviser, Central Business District.
The new commissioners are expected to be cleared by the State House of Assembly while the other redeployment and postings take immediate effect.
According to the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Bello, the new appointments and redeployments are intended to create a new vigour and vitality for service delivery which has been the hallmark of the Governor Ambode administration.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- 7 New Year Resolutions For Africans Who Love Africa
- Top 5 Unpleasant Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku