Sidney Osahon, 35, Engineer from Edo, who won the ‘Give ‘n’ Take N20 million’ National Jackpot Bonanza said, his landlady almost ejected his family hours before he won the lottery.
Mr. Osahon, who disclosed this at a news briefing organised by Give `n` Take National Lottery in Abuja, said he was threatened by his landlady on his way to claim the prize.
He said that his family was being threatened by his landlady before he received the call that changed his life.
He said, “My mother is still alive, my father passed on last year. So we couldn’t pay our rent and we were almost thrown out of our house.
“My landlady gave us quit notice. As I was coming out to claim my prize she sent a text message that she will soon be at the house to give me a show down.
Mr. Osahon revealed that he had been playing the Give `n` take National lottery from the beginning in June 2017, but just got lucky now.
“Last week Sunday while watching the jackpot, and I saw my ticket number, I was in tears, I told God that I was tired of embarrassment of rent and I am moving into my house.
“The interesting thing about this win is that there was another bonanza draw the first one, I did not win. But the person who won apparently did not show up to pick his ticket.
“What this means is that if the person had showed up, I wouldn’t have been the winner, but God just got it for me. Today I am twenty million naira richer.
“The whole thing is like a dream but I am living that dream. I say a big thank you to Give ‘n’ Take national lottery; they have changed my life for good. Now I am a landlord,” he said.
In his address, Jolly Enabulele, Managing Director, Give ‘n’ Take National Lottery, said the N20 million lottery prize from available records is the biggest in the history of lottery in Nigeria
He added that a winner emerged for the N20 million bonanza of National Jackpot after 29 weekly Rollover.
“Today we are bold to inform you that so many millionaires have been made in this lofty venture of giving back to the society through lottery business and good courses.
He noted that the bonanza was done to reward the loyal players who trusted the brand and identified with it since its inception in June 2017.
“One of these millionaires is Mr. Sidney Chukwuweike Osahon with ticket number 706431113814 that emerged the lucky winner of the whooping sum of N20 million National Jackpot Bonanza last week”, Enabulele said.
According to him, Mr. Osahon played the National Jackpot on 27th November, 2017 at 06:24:36 hours with the sum of 100 naira on our Web play and had his main National Jackpot stake numbers as 20-28-04-31-27 and Yobe state as his State Powerball.
He added that the National Jackpot Bonanza winner being unveiled today emerged after a total of over 17,300 tickets bought from 1st October 2017 to 7th January 2018.
The MD said that the electronic draw was televised on NTA, WAP TV and Greetings 105.7 FM including all our social media platforms.
He added that the cheque will be officially presented to him on Sunday, January 14 during the live National Jackpot Game show by the Director-General of National Lottery Regulatory Commission.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?