When is it meeting the parents of your boyfriend appropriate? I mean you don’t want to do it too soon. So, when is soon too soon? A lot of people fall in love and become a couple and it is in rare cases that the folks are either the cupids (the ones that introduced the couple). So, they’re there from the inception of the relationship. I have friends that their folks consider it an insult to bring a man into their house without him stating his intentions to the lady he’s dating. “My posy must not hear boyfriend. He wants me to bring fiance home” Tola says.
For other parents, they don’t mind being introduced to all the “boy friends” as long as they’re involved in their child’s lives. Ultimately, popsy and momsy will have to know about the romance, after all their blessings will be needed to reach the perfect climax to that union.
Funny enough, a lot of women believe that it depends on the traditional background of the guy in question. For example; The Igbo and Calabar guys will rather take their “final bus stop” to their parents than the flings or side chicks. But the Yoruba guys on the other hand do not mind taking all the babes (side chicks and all) to see the parents.
Stella 26 says “Its because the Igbo boys knows that once you show your mumsy the bride, it is straight to planning the wedding. And worst of all, the guys are gonna be the ones paying for the wedding“.
“Only when I am sure of the guy will I show him to my parents,” says Iye, 23.
Chuka, says; “I actually do not think there is a rule to this, I will introduce my girl to the family only when I’m sure I”ll marry her.”
What do you think about this? Let us know your opinion.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- 7 New Year Resolutions For Africans Who Love Africa
- Top 5 Unpleasant Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku