The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Anambra says it has taken adequate measures to ensure smooth, credible, free and fair election in the Anambra Central Senatorial District re-run on Saturday.
Leo Nkedife, the Head of Department of Publicity and Voter Education in INEC in the state, said this while speaking with newsmen in Awka on Friday.
Mr. Nkedife said that all sensitive and non-sensitive materials as well as ad-hoc staff had been mobilised to the seven local government areas of the senatorial district.
He urged the residents of Anambra central senatorial district to come out em-masse with their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) to exercise their franchise.
He urged the voters to elect candidates of their choice and said that INEC was fully prepared for the election.
The INEC official assured that plans had been perfected to ensure adequate security the area where the exercise would be conducted.
The council areas where the re-run will be held are Njikoka, Dunukofia, Anaocha, Awka North , Awka South, Idemili North and Idemili South.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that there have been several court orders in favour and against the holding of the election.
Meanwhile, the state Commissioner for Information and Communication Strategy, Tony Nnacheta, says there will be no restriction of movement of vehicles on the highways in the state during the exercise.
Mr. Nnacheta said however that movement would be restricted in the affected seven local government areas between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- 7 New Year Resolutions For Africans Who Love Africa
- Top 5 Unpleasant Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku