Ronny Jackson, U.S. President Donald Trump’s White House physician, has declared the president to be in “excellent health”.
“The examination went exceptionally well. The President is in excellent health and I look forward to briefing some of the details on Tuesday,” Dr. Jackson said in a statement released by the White House.
Mr. Jackson’s declaration came after Mr. Trump received his first medical check-up at Walter Reed National Military Medical Centre in Bethesda, Maryland, on Friday.
Mr. Trump’s mental state has become an issue of concern recently following revelations in a recent book: “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House”, written by Michael Wolff.
The book, which has sparked sharp criticisms among Mr. Trump’s opponents and the White House, suggested that the U.S. president was mentally unfit and also heavily criticised the Trump’s presidency.
Mr. Trump spent about three hours at the medical facility in Maryland for the check-up, his first as president.
The president, however, declared himself as “a very stable genius”, pushing back hard against any suggestion that he was mentally unfit.
The examination lasted several hours and measured things like Trump’s blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, heart rate and weight.
The White House did not, however, provide specific results of those tests.
Mr. Jackson, who also provided care for President Barack Obama and became a White House physician in 2006, is expected to provide a detailed readout of the exam on Tuesday and answer questions from reporters.
But conclusions about Mr. Trump’s mental alertness were not expected as the White House said Mr. Trump would not undergo a psychiatric examination.
Bornstein had said in a December 2015 letter: “If elected, Mr Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.”
In September 2016, two months before the November 2016 presidential election, Mr. Trump released a five-paragraph letter from his long-time physician, Dr Harold Bornstein, who concluded that Trump “is in excellent physical health”.
The letter put Trump’s blood pressure and cholesterol measurements in the healthy range, while his electrocardiogram, chest X-ray, echocardiogram and blood sugar were normal.
The doctor’s 2016 letter stated that Mr. Trump’s testosterone level, 441.6, was in the normal range, as were his Prostate-specific antigen reading for prostate abnormalities and tests of his liver and thyroid.
Mr. Trump was 70 when he took office on January 20, 2017, making him the oldest person ever elected to the nation’s highest office.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?