The leader of Arewa Youths Consultative Forum (AYCF), Yerima Shettima has advised politicians across the country who are above the age of sixty (60) with political ambition for the 2019 general election to go home and rest Peacefully.
Shettima was reacting to why President Muhammadu Buhari should not be re-elected in 2019.
Asked why his organization (AYCF) is having a slightly different position with the Arewa Youth Forum (AYF) on the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said the youths no longer need the president insisting that the time has come for the youths to take up the leadership mantle across the nation in an interview conducted by Sun Newspaper.
“My position is that we really do not need people like Buhari in 2019. It is now clear that the youth would no longer be allowed to be used by any politician any more.
“Anybody above 60 should go and rest peacefully or go back to the farm or do something differently for himself,” he said
“Of course, it is obvious that this government cannot do anything from now till the next one year. Already two years down the line, we have not seen anything. I do not see the government doing any magic or performing any miracle in the next one year. It is not possible because the politics of 2019 has already started. Some of us have been patient enough to see if we can see something different from what has been happening.
“Of all they said about the change mantra, we have seen that there is nothing different and the situation is even worse than what we used to have. So, to that extent, the battle line is drawn. Come 2019, we would no longer waste our time on any old politician.
“The old politician both in the Senate, presidential seat and all that should go back home and rest. They cannot use their yesterday and use our today. They cannot waste their own generation and continue to waste our own. The party is over and it is about a new dawn. Whether you are from the North, South or wherever, we must work together to get it right this time around.
“In 2019, I will campaign that any youth is encouraged to get his PVC. That is their power. Through electoral processes, we would ensure that we render those old men jobless. There is no going back about that. So, my own position is that whether they perform or not which is even impossible, they should go.
“My position is very clear that anybody above 60 years should go and rest. We cannot continue to manage all these old politicians. We cannot continue to be ‘sit down and look’ people. Our ‘mumu is ok for now’. We have younger men who are very competent and would take the country to the next level.
“Anybody above 60 who is against our generation is committing suicide because our generation has come of age and we must stand the challenges. Power is not given by anybody, it is taken and a time has come for our generation to sit down together. No matter our differences, we have to ensure that we move the country forward so that our country can become what it should be and we can build the nation of our dreams,” he added.
When asked if the youths have the wherewithal to dislodge the many very rich in the conservative political class in the country, he said with God there was nothing impossible.
“Do you agree with me that with God all things are possible? That is the answer. I believe in God and I believe that with God all things are possible. Nobody would have imagined that despite all odds, and all the enemies around Buhari, he later in 2015 emerged as the president. Nothing is impossible. If that happened to him, it means that it could happen to anybody. We only need to have faith in the nation and to be very determined.”
The president is yet to officially declare his intention to contest for the 2019 election.
Already, seven governors had already endorsed the President should he seek re-elecrion.
Last year, a bid to secure an automatic ticket for him from his party failed.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?