Mixed reactions have continued to trail the Super Eagles of Nigeria early ouster from the ongoing FIFA Confederations Cup in Brasil.
While some described Eagles performance as satisfactory, others say the team is technically bereft and called for injection of foreign coach to restore the lost glory of the national team.
According to a former NFA chairman, Mr Kojo Williams, “I just think that we were technically bereft. I said it before that we needed sound technical guys to come in and work with our team, because if we left the job to the present coaches, then we would get more hammering in the future and that was what happened in Brazil.
“If we are contented being among the best in Africa I don’t have problem with that. We can continue with what we are doing with Keshi but if we want to be among the best in the world then we must help Keshi with a good foreign coach”, Kojo maintained.
Speaking in the same vein, Sports analyst and promoter, Martins Osaile said Keshi’s managerial ability was poor as there was no reason for him to have left some of Nigeria’s most experienced players out of the squad that prosecuted the Confederations Cup in Brazil.
Meanwhile, Executive Chairman of Delta State Sports Commission, Amaju Pinnick disagreed with both Kojo and Osaile. According to him, coach Stephen Keshi should be celebrated and not despised for the Confederations Cup failure.
Amaju said: “It is fundamentally wrong to assume that Keshi has reached his limit. Keshi should not be condemned but celebrated. He has been on duty for only two years and within this period we won the Nations Cup, something we were doing under an indigenous coach for the first time. Everybody is celebrating Alex Ferguson for the feat he achieved with Manchester United. But how many years did he work before he won his first trophy?”, he queried.
So where do you stand in this argument; for or against foreign coach? Should Keshi continue based on his performance or should we get a foreign coach?
Latest Nigeria News
- MC Oluomo Resurfaces, Still Recovering In Hospital (Photos)
- What I Will Do As New Police Boss - IGP Adamu
- Ighalo hails ‘Extraordinary’ De Gea
- How Innocent Boy Spent 2 Years In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit (Photos)
- Drama As 2 Police Commissioners Resume In Lagos: "I Remain In Charge", says CP Edgal
- Update On The Deadly Attack At Kenya Hotel, Many Killed
- Kane Ruled Out Until March
- Atiku Raises Alarm: INEC Releasing PVC To APC Governors
- Single Mother Killed By Man She Followed To Hotel Room...
- New IGP Adamu Reverses Ex-IG Idris Last Minute Postings... May Save Four DIGs
- Okorocha, Six Others Summoned To APC Disciplinary Panel
- CJN Onnoghen and President Buhari Meet Face To Face
- Police Rescue Man From Committing Suicide On Lagos Bridge
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Watch The Trailer For ‘Spiderman: Far From Home’
- Burger King Mocks Trump Over Misspelled Tweet
- Theresa May’s Brexit Deal Voted Down In Historic Loss
- People who sleep less risk heart disease – Report
- Banks to experience low interest income in 2019
- Tbills, bonds drive 49% Fixed income & currency market turnover in 2018
- Ighalo: Why I Will Turn Down Offer To Join Tottenham
- Milan Coach, Gattuso: Higuain Not Talking About Leaving
- Terrorists Attack Luxury Hotel In Kenya
- President Buhari Decorates New Inspector General of Police
- Sagay: CJN Onnoghen’s Prosecution Shows No One Is Above The Law
- Guts Over Pain: Andy Murray Bows Out Despite Taking Roberto Bautista Agut To Five Sets
- I will turn Nigeria into a construction site – Sowore
- 'Soco' Standout, Ceeza Milli Drops Video For Latest Single, 'Na Wa'
- British Hacker Who Took Down Liberia’s Internet Sentenced To 3-Years Imprisonment
- Odion Ighalo Has Emerged As A Shocking Replacement Of Suarez At Bacelona
- Update: ASUU Strike To Linger As Lecturers Reject FG’s Offers, Make Fresh Demands
- Imo, Okoronkwo sign for top Hungarian club Ferencvarosi TC
- Osun FA inaugurates Electoral, Appeal Committees
- NFF Corruption Scandal: More waters in Pinnick’s sinking boat— Ben Memuletiwon
- Oil falls to $60 on concerns about China slowdown
- Theresa May begs MPs to back Brexit deal
- Over 22,000 candidates for 1,504 positions for 2019 elections
- Plot by Police to arrest, detain CJN Foiled
- Pele Wishes ‘Fellow No.10’ Maradona Full Recovery After Surgery
- Millennial Women: Poker’s New Wild Cards