The Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, has commended Air Peace for extending its domestic flight operations to the state.
Mr. Sanusi made the commendation on Monday, after the airline’s inaugural flight from Lagos to Kano landed at the Aminu Kano International Airport at 8.26 a.m.
The emir, who was represented by Ibrahim Sambo, the Jakanda Hausa (Hausa Ambassador), said the presence of Air Peace in the ancient centre of commerce was a welcome development.
“Today is a historic day. The people of Kano are very happy because this airline has started operating from Lagos to Kano and Abuja to Kano.
“Kano is the economic centre of the whole northern region, and aviation is very key to attracting investment.
“So, it will boost the economy of Kano State because our people now have more options in terms of air travel, and increase competition among the airlines,” he said.
Mr. Sanusi charged Air Peace to sustain its policy of on-time departure and expressed optimism that the airline’s services would be patronised by the people.
Also, the Regional Manager, Aminu Kano International Airport, Mohammed Bello, said the airport authorities would give the airline the support needed for a seamless operation in Kano.
Mr. Bello advised the airline to make its fares affordable to encourage more patronage.
On his part, the Chairman of Air Peace, Allen Onyema, said the airline was determined to increase connectivity within and outside Nigeria to ease the burden on travellers.
“The launch of our Kano flight operations is a very significant milestone in our vision to unite our dear country, Nigeria, through air travel and lift the nation’s economy through trade facilitation and massive job creation.
“Today’s historic event accords with our strategy to expand our operations in the North of Nigeria and connect other unserved or underserved cities of the nation.
“Kano has long been recognised as the economic capital of the North of Nigeria.
“We are, therefore, hopeful that the extension of our flight services to the state will positively impact on the economy of the region,” he said.
Mr. Onyema, who was represented by Air Peace Corporate Communications Manager, Chris Iwarah, said the inauguration of the Kano service would be followed with the commencement of its flight operations to Yola, Adamawa State on February 15, and Freetown, Banjul and Dakar on February 19.
According to him, the airline has in the last one year expanded its capacity to serve the flying public with the increase of its fleet to a size of 24 aircraft.
“There is no doubt that we are now more positioned to transform air travel experience in Nigeria, the West Coast of Africa and beyond.
“We are reputed for our on-time performance and uncompromising stand on matters of safety.
“We promise to leverage the experience of our skilled staff and excellent business model to end the era of endless delays on the Lagos-Kano-Lagos and Kano-Abuja-Kano routes.
“We solicit your patronage and support as we operate twice daily from Lagos to Kano and back, once from Kano to Abuja and back and strive to deliver a whole new experience on the Kano route.
“We are determined to forge a mutually beneficial relationship with the good people and residents of Kano and its neighbouring states,” he said. (NAN)
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?