John Oyegun, national chairman of All Progressive Congress (APC) has declared the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Katsina state as “dead and buried”.
Mr. Oyegun made the declaration on Saturday in Katsina during a reception organised by the state APC chapter to receive prominent politicians who defected to his party from the PDP.
He said since hundreds of thousands of PDP members had defected to APC, then the party was completely dead and buried.
“Prominent politicians like Sen Idah, Barrister Ya’u Gwajo-Gwajo, a two time speaker of Katsina House Assembly, and Mr Nura Khalih also a two-time governorship candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) have all defected to APC today.
“Now that prominent people and their followers have joined the APC, then, we have the right to declare PDP, APGA, and PDM as dead and buried in the state,” he said.
Mr. Oyegun called on the people of the state to give maximum support to President Buhari to enable him continue in his leadership of the country.
“When the APC administration took over the mantle of leadership in 2015, the nation’s electricity supply was only 3000 megawatts.
“Today, the electricity supply is 7000 megawatts. The country has witnessed an increase of 4000 megawatts, ” he said.
Mr. Oyegun said the president had used his experience to control insecurity in the country to its barest minimum.
The chairman said President Buhari had introduced several ways of reducing poverty through giving agriculture and economic empowerment to the people.
Earlier, the Katsina state Gov. Aminu Masari, commended the former PDP members that defected to APC, saying it was an indication of good governance in the state.
He said the top politicians that joined APC did so out of their own interests and that they were ready to serve the people of the state.
Mr. Masari said the reception of the politicians into the APC was assuring and the party was better positioned for the 2019 polls.
“We are going to multiply the votes that we gave to President Buhari in 2015 during the forthcoming election of 2019,” he said.
Speaking on behalf of all the defectors, Ibrahim Idah pledged their loyalty to the APC and promised to do their best to win more votes for the party in 2019.
Also speaking, the APC Katsina state chairman, Shitu Shitu, said both new and old APC members were going to be treated equally.
Mr. Shitu said there would be no discrimination in the ruling APC in the state.(NAN)
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?