Maryam Sanda who allegedly killed her husband Bilyaminu Bello in a domestic violence case has denied throwing her daughter a lavish birthday party.
Reports surfaced over the weekend that Maryam had thrown a lavish party for her daughter despite standing trial for the murder of her husband, a report, Sanda has denied.
Via a statement released to Vanguard on Monday in Abuja, Aisha Sanda who spoke on behalf of the family said;
“Due to recent events regarding the celebration of an innocent child’s first birthday, we her maternal family have decided to speak out because of what we consider a calculated and malicious effort by certain quarters to ruin the happiness of an innocent child just to destroy her mother.
“Let us start by saying that the pictures shared on social media of Maryam Sanda and her beautiful daughter Aleesha which were claimed to have been taken on Aleesha’s birthday is false. Just by mere comparison of recent and old pictures of the little girl, it will become apparent that Aleesha was a lot younger at the time when the picture was taken. (For the purpose of clarity, the picture in question was taken on the 8th of July, 2017 when Aleesha was only 5 months old as it is our family tradition to take her pictures every month). We have attached the photos showing dates from the studio with a time stamp.
On the 8th of March, 2018, Aleesha turned 1, and her maternal grandmother (our mom) considered it necessary and in the best interest of the innocent child to organize a photo-shoot for her (especially as Aleesha had not had her traditional monthly photo-shoot ever since the incident that befell her family).
The picture of Aleesha with cake and balloons which subsequently emerged on social media was a photo-shoot and not a birthday party as was falsely reported by various blogs and media houses. This photo-shoot happened while her mother was on bed rest and only as to have something to remember her first year in this world, hence, you will not find any picture of Aleesha with anyone (not even her own mother) on that day.
“What sort of birthday party could have been organized without children and other party guests? The photo-shoot was an in-house event and the picture was only sent to Aleesha’s paternal Aunt Kilo in Kebbi state. It is, however, strange to us how anybody (especially those who pretend to love and care for Aleesha) would have maliciously misrepresented the story and even sold it to the media with such caption and message.
It is unfortunate that none of those media houses (not Vanguard) reached out to us to ask questions before jumping on such wicked misinformation as has been the pattern ever since the death of Aleesha’s father.
We understand that everybody wants justice; we too want justice but we will appreciate if the innocent girl is left out of the problems, lies and deceits of adults while her mother goes through the process which has already commenced”.
Source – Vanguard
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?