A little school girl has been whisked away to the unknown by a mystery man who ticked her brother outside their school gate.
Parents have been thrown in shock and sorrow after Chibugo Onwekwe, a three-year-old pupil at Gospel Nursery and Primary International School, Ahoda, Rivers State, are worried about her safety after she was abducted.
According to Punch Metro, the nursery 1 pupil was reportedly abducted around 8am on February 28, 2017, shortly after she and her elder brother were dropped off by their mother a few metres from the school gate.
It was learnt that the abductor, who was said to be on a motorcycle, had approached the siblings while they were heading towards the school gate.
He reportedly gave the victim’s brother, eight-year-old Chibuke, N50 and asked him to buy a snack at a nearby shop, while Chibugo stayed behind.
He had whisked the girl away before Chibuke returned to the spot with the snack.
Punch Metro reports that the primary 3 pupil went to his class, thinking that his sister had also gone to her class.
Chibugo’s class teacher was said to have noticed that she was absent around 11am and went to Chibuke’s class to ask after her.
The victim’s father, Chibueze Onwekwe, revealed on the telephone on Saturday that in the course of their search, a woman said she saw Chibugo being taken away on a motorcycle.
He said, “On that day, her mother had dropped her and Chibuke off at a junction a few metres away from the school gate and headed for her place of work. That is how she had been doing.
“Chibuke said a man sent her to buy a snack, but when he returned, he didn’t see the man and his sister. It was around 11am that Chibugo’s teacher discovered that she was not in the class. When the teacher met with Chibuke in his class, he narrated what happened.
“A parent said while she was taking her child to the school that morning, she saw Chibugo on a motorcycle being taken away. She said she (Chibugo) waved at her child and that she thought the man was her relation.”
Chibueze said he reported the incident at the Ahoda Police Division, adding that a man, who claimed to know where Chibugo was being held, contacted him on the telephone and demanded N300,000.
“The man sent me a message on the day she was kidnapped. He said he had vital information about my daughter and that I should pay him N300,000. I didn’t reply to his message that day.
“When I contacted him the next day, he suspected that I had informed the police. After I begged and assured him that I would not involve the police, he said I should pay N50,000 to track those who kidnapped my daughter.
“Since I sent the money into the bank account he provided, he has stopped taking my calls,” he added.
The victim’s mother, Evelyn, a teacher at a neighbouring school, said she was at work when her children’s teacher informed her about the incident.
She said, “The junction where I dropped them is a stone’s throw from the school and a lot of pupils usually pass through the place. I was surprised when I got a call that Chibugo was not in school.
“I rushed to the school and discovered that it was true. She is in nursery 1 and will be four years old in two months.”
The victim’s brother, Chibuke, said the abductor was dark in complexion and wore a black and white uniform.
“The man was on a motorcycle. He gave me N50 to buy a snack. By the time I came back, I didn’t see the man and my sister again,” he added.
Calls made to the school’s phone number, which the parents gave to our correspondent, did not go through.
The Rivers State Police Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni, promised to get back to Punch Metro with comment on the incident, but had yet to do so as of press time.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?